|Course Type||Course Code||No. Of Credits|
Semester and Year Offered: 5th Semester (Monsoon Semester 2019)
Course Coordinator and Team: Mr. Akha Kaihrii Mao, Dr. Meenakshi Gujral, Mr. Nitin Sharma
Email of course coordinator: email@example.com
Pre-requisites: Semester 4
Course Objectives/ Description: The course will introduce students to the various dimensions related the need for entrepreneurship and innovations and the some basics knowledge and skills required to start an entrepreneurship. The Course is aimed at helping students to become entrepreneurs and creators of job for themselves and for more people and contribute to the society.
Course Outcomes: On successful completion of this course students will be to:
- Explain the concept of entrepreneurial business and various aspects of it.
- Equip students with basic understanding on how to start and run their own businesses.
- Describe how to identify opportunities and convert them into feasible business practice.
- Summarize the practical basic steps to starting your own business in the form of business plan.
- Appreciate the role of innovation and sustainability in entrepreneurial business
Brief description of modules/ Main modules:
The course is organised into number of sessions conducted in workshop-mode and supported by field visits. These sessions will be on different topics related to entrepreneurship like:
- An introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Problems and challenges
- Marketing aspects
- Financial Aspects
- Managing infrastructure and human resources
- Role of business plan
- Technology for sustainable development
Assessment Details with weights:
- Field Visit Report and Interview with an Entrepreneur 40% (Semester Long)
- Class Participation 10% (Semester Long)
- Quiz 10% (2nd week of October)
- Final Exam 40% (End of October)
- Schumpeter, J., Becker, M., Knudsen, T. and Swedberg, R. (2011). The entrepreneur. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Durkin, C. and Gunn, R. (2016). Social entrepreneurship (second edition). Bristol: Policy Press.
- Robert D Hisrich, Micheal P Peters, Dean A. Shepherd (2011): Entrepreneurship McGraw-Hill
- Quest for Equity - Urban Dalit Women https://csei.org.in/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Quest-for-Equity-Urban-Dalit-Women-Employees-Entreprenuers.pdf
- Short Stories of Indian Entrepreneurs:https://yourstory.com/mystory/top-10-young-entrepreneurs-in-india-2018-till-date-cdulu28uft http://www.forbesindia.com/article/spjimr/entrepreneurship-in-india-then-and-now/46701/1
- Women Entrepreneurs in India - Deepa Krishnan, Mumbai Magic https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/women-entrepreneurs-indian-tourism-industry-deepa-krishnan/