|Course Type||Course Code||No. Of Credits|
Semester and Year Offered: 5th Semester (Monsoon Semester 2019)
Course Coordinator and Team: Akha Kaihrii Mao, Dr Nidhi Kaicker, Mr Nitin Sharma, Dr Kritika Mathur and Dr Kanika Mahajan
Email of course coordinator: email@example.com
Pre-requisites: Semester 4
Course objectives/ Description: This course on Economic Applications for Business seeks to develop an understanding of economic concepts and their impact on the business management. There is continuous dynamic relationship between economics and business performance. According the Industry Experts who were consulted while designing this course along with AUD Faculty Members, it is important for the participants to be aware of the impact of economic concepts on business.
Course Outcomes: This course will enable students to:
Brief description of modules/ Main modules:
1. National Income and output: in this module,there will be different concepts related to National Income and Output such as Measuring Total Output, GDP accounting complications, Real GDP versus Nominal GDP, GNI and The concept of growth.
2. Inflation: this module will deal with concepts of inflation, factors contributing to inflation and its impact on purchasing power, decision making of an individual consumer and an industry
3. Money, Banking and Financial System: this module will look at the financial system of the country and the different types of saving and investment avenues and the associated risks through assignments and activities organised in class.
4. Fiscal Policy and Budget: In this module, we will try to understand different types and tools of Fiscal Policy.
5. International Trade: In this module, we will read about strategies followed by domestic and international companies in different economic landscapes.
Assessment Details with weights: