|Course Type||Course Code||No. Of Credits|
Semester and Year Offered: 5th Semester (Monsoon Semester 2019)
Course Coordinator and Team: Mr Akha Kaihrii Mao, Dr Richa Awasthy, Members of Pravah
Email of course coordinator: email@example.com
Pre-requisites: Semester 4
Course Objectives/ Description: Life Competencies for Sustainable Employability takes this vision and its goals forward. It seeks to develop an intellectual disposition in the students through situated cognition and informed debates so that they are equipped to learn, understand and reflect on all issues in logical, multi-disciplinary yet sensitive, creative ways and evolve into socially responsible, mature citizens who value diversity and difference.
Course Outcomes: After completing the course, the students will be able to:-
- analyse their needs, build their aspirations, identify the values and attitudes behind their patterns that are hindering them and inspire them to strengthen their capacities using simple tools.
- apply the knowledge related to meta-capacities for effective decision making,
- draw goals, undertake project management that helps them to lead towards reach the potential to become efficient, effective, satisfied and preferred employee by the employer.
Brief description of modules/ Main modules:
- Effective Employee Part 2: In this module, students will reflect on habits that help them in performing and that which they want to change. As part of this module, students will also analyse their point of view with multiple point of views to involve effectively in a team.
- Communication at Workplace: In this module, students will identify and practice skills that need to be developed to be an active listener and to communicate effectively.
- Building Ownership in Workspace Part 2: this module will include topics such as stress management at workplace and managing emotions at workplace.
- Working in Teams Encountering cultures: this module will enable students to define the concept of collaboration and demonstrate various strategies to collaborate at workplace
- Building Entrepreneurial Mindset Part 1: this module will help students in examining the values, skills and attitudes of an entrepreneur as well as will provide an opportunity to practice those skills through a mock project.
Assessment Details with weights:
- Reflective Journal 30%
- Group Assignment 20%
- End Semester Exams 30%
- Individual Assignments (Classroom Test, Quiz etc.) – Class participation 20%
- Paper by Prof. Peter Larkin and Edward Gould, University of Wollongong. Link: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/d80f/71af8c737011a22d4901a6512980338d6022.pdf
- Article on Active Listening: https://www.mindtools.com/CommSkll/ActiveListening.htm
- Tool kit on Communication skills: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/main/communication_skills.htm
- Organizational Behaviour- Stephen P. Robbins: Chapter 18- Organizational Change and Stress Management page 591, 595
- Organizational Behaviour- Stephen P. Robbins: Chapter 18- Organizational Change page 577
- Paper by Johan Bertlett ) &Curt R. Johansson (Department of Psychology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden)
- 9 P’s of leadership article by Sander Flaum: https://www.nbizmag.com/magarticles/leadership.pdf